Sunday, September 9, 2012

picking apples in many pictures


 We had a great family outing at Eckert's this weekend.  The apples were on sale and you can eat whatever you want while you are there.  Plus the "fun farm" is entertaining for the kids, even if we were too cheap to buy tickets for the rides.
I really like taking pictures.  And have a hard time deleting them.  Sometimes I feel guilt that I never take my kids to get their picture taken "professionally".  But I would way rather have this set of pictures from our apple picking outing than an 8x10 of a white studio with a random prop taken by someone we don't know and who pressures me into buying more than one photo.
So anyway, there are a lot of pictures.

James was not interested in posing.  The whole day.  I don't think he smiled at me once. 

 Isaac was so excited!  So was James, actually, he would have just walked off to the backhoe which was smoothing the road out.  


 We were the first ones in the fun farm and the staff was filling up the goat food and handed us some.  It was so nice! I didn't get a picture, but Isaac got to feed the goats and thought that was really cool.  

 I love how James is trying to take his jacket off in this picture.  At least he's looking at the camera!

 We spent the most time on the trikes. 

 James was mad I wanted to take his picture and not push him!

 I call these Blake's Tom Cruise sunglasses.


 The only reason he was letting me take his picture is because he was looking at the train that was pulling in. 


 James thought he could feed the goats dirt and wood chips.  They almost fell for it. 


 Isaac was sad we wouldn't let him ride the swings.  


 But we did play some miniature golf, kind of sort of. 


 It was such a beautiful day.  We have had a lot of rain lately so everything is green again and it was a blustery, cool day. 
 They have you ride in a wagon in back of a tractor to get to the apple trees.  It is the best part! 
 James thinks tractors are lawn mowers since some tractors mow the greenway in back of our house.  He was fascinated to be riding a "wawa" (lawnmower).

 Eating and eating apples!  The golden delicious were delicious.






 We picked enough; riding the tractor back to the car. 


No comments: