Monday, December 15, 2008

Isaac’s first cold

Oh no, a post with no pictures! Boring boring boring. Read no further if you only come to see Ike’s smiling face.

Isaac has a cough and runny nose. Poor kid. It is so sad to hear him hack away. He got it Saturday. We went to our church Christmas party that night and it was obvious where he picked it up!

We went to the pediatricians last Thursday for Isaac’s 6 month visit. It was like Isaac remembered the trauma there because as soon as I started undressing him he started to cry. But hey, I cry when I get shots too. He also always screams when he’s weighed. Stats: 17 lbs 5 oz, 26 inches. That’s about 50th percentile for both. My little brother informed me that it is unacceptable to have an “average child”. He also informed me that Blake and I are perfect for each other because we are both “uber nerds”. What a geeky, average family we are.

And a funny story to end on.

On Thursday, Blake came up to me with a guilty look on his face and said, “Marie, I can’t find my wedding ring. I’ve looked all over the house and all over school.” I just looked back at him with my own guilty look.

You see, on Wednesday I noticed that Blake had forgotten to wear his wedding ring to school. So I decided to hide it. I thought that when he came home, I could “notice” that he didn’t have his ring on and ask him where it was. That would lead to a five minute search for his ring, during which I would interrupt him with a “Just kidding, it’s right here!”

Except I promptly forgot about it after I hid it. It reminded me of how my brother sabotaged my scholarship application, except that was infinitely worse. Sorry, Blake, to make you waste precious time looking for your ring when you should have been studying for finals! Luckily, Blake thought it was kind of funny. But now I am watching my back for his revenge.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I lived in dread of that first cold...it is the worst. I hope Isaac feels better soon. Oh, and that wedding ring story--very funny (and familiar).

Sarah McK said...

Oh no! I probably GAVE him that cold! Although I wasn't the only one who was sick, and I did make a point not to get near him too much, but it was probably me anyway. SORRY! I hope it didn't last full-force for 2 1/2 weeks for him like it did for me. :( Yuck. Oh yes, and Logan really DID lose his wedding ring this summer. For the second or third (I'm losing track!) time. But this time it wasn't b/c he took it off. He was boogie boarding in the rough waves in El Salvador and when he emerged 2 hours later his ring was gone. Thank goodness we always replace his rings with cheaper and cheaper ones! The big problem is that people think we aren't married...just engaged b/c he got me pregnant. :)