Saturday, March 7, 2009

Independent Isaac

It’s really been a while. Blake and I took back our exercise bike that we got for Christmas so now we are trying to run in the evenings after Isaac is in bed. By the time I do that, I don’t want to head to the library to use the internet. And Blake downloaded a nifty gmail app that lets me view my email offline, so that’s further incentive not to make the effort.

I don’t know if it’s just cold, or if pregnancy did something crazy to me, or if I’m just getting old, or if I’m a wimp, but my joints just ache when I go running. Hopefully my body starts whipping into shape soon or I might be doomed to run a 12 minute mile for the rest of my life.

Blake was super romantic and got me...a babysitter for Valentine’s! We went on a real date to the Olive Garden. (Cute flower he got me below...)

We’ve had a couple of good weather days so I’ve tried to take Isaac for a walk in his stroller. He doesn’t like those few extra inches away from mom so if we go longer than 15 minutes, sometimes 10, and sometimes 2, he cries to get out. But we’re working on it, and I know some day he will be happy to go for a walk and sit in his stroller. He used to hate his car seat too, but now he will giggle when I put him in because he knows he will get to go somewhere new.

Isaac is still running all over the house with me as chauffeur. He is getting more stable and can stand if he’s holding on to the couch. He still refuses to crawl. One day this week I was kneeling as I held Isaac’s hands so that he could walk, as usual. I noticed that we had begun to turn in pretty tight circles. I realized that I was wearing some red crocs and Isaac was trying to get to them, but every time he moved, they moved!

He’s becoming more and more independent. It’s getting hard to steer him the direction you want him to go because he has a good idea of where he wants to go instead. He’s drinking half apple juice half water in a sippy cup so now he will take a couple bites of food and then refuse to eat until he’s had a sip of juice. I love my opinionated boy.

As a random thought as April 15 draws near, let me just say that taxes + one kid + paying tuition = awesome refund and an extra bonus!
Isaac trying to look at my face underneath the camera
He's discovered the cd tower. My sister told me three years ago when I bought it that my kids would soon make me regret my purchase. Wise words.
Don't let that smile fool you, he hates it! He won't eat anything green, including this, which is broccoli.



Standing all by himself (sort of)!

I'm in love with his chubby legs.

Isaac has also discovered the dresser. Oh, the everyday fun things to play in.

3 comments:

todd and jeanette said...

We love the Ike pics. He looks like Blake, but then his eyes look more like Marie's (Muh-wee's).

Sarah McK said...

My sister went through a stage where she wouldn't eat anything green...it was called elementary school. She was such a picky eater. Her husband still gets annoyed with her. :) If you don't want to walk to the library come to our place! We are a lot closer, we have wireless internet, and now Callum and I will be home all day long and will probably get lonely. That bread is AMAZING! It's gone already. :) You'll have to teach me how to make it.

Rachel said...

Wow! He's really growing up fast... Isn't it fun? Now you get to start the joyful process of baby-proofing the house... Our CD tower is long gone. Now we have transferred all of our music to our computer and just put our CDs in a box because Jacob was also way too fascinated with pulling out CDs.