Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Some news

Well, Blake has decided that medical school is not for him. He’s decided to switch fields and pursue a PhD in social work instead. This will require him to get another master’s degree and then continue on to the PhD. Just when we thought we had 2 years of school left, we’ll have 6 or so.

However, I’ve been pretty jealous of medical school so I’ve decided to apply in a year, after I’ve taken organic chemistry. We asked Wash U if we could count the 80k + we’ve paid for Blake’s tuition towards mine, but they didn’t think that would work out. Oh well.

This means that having kids will be put on hiatus until I’m done with medical school. Once I’m done, we plan on going on fertility in the hopes that we can have quadruplets to finish up our family quickly.

We went ahead and blew through the rest of our savings so that we could get on food stamps. We bought a Hummer (Blake’s dream car) and a house! It has five bedrooms and a swimming pool! Pics to follow.

Isaac is quite precocious—last week he learned the alphabet and this week he’s tackling differential equations.

9 comments:

Alan said...

dang. you had me. you had me for a good 3 paragraphs!

Camille said...

April Fools. I love it! You had me with the drop-out of med school...

chris said...

I love it. aren't you and bekah already eligible for food stamps?

Jenna said...

Oh man, I was with you for the med school...April Fool's!

Tori said...

Didn't believe it for a second! Blake would never quit, and I don't think you'd put having kids on hold! Anyway, I've been wanting to call you, and give you an update on how things are going. Your advice was great-- we've seen a total turn around. I'll call you soon with details...

Melissa said...

Ha Ha! My jaw dropped when I read the part about med school but quickly figured out it was April Fools. Very funny!

Shawnee said...

I first thought, "um, that's not like the Blake and Marie I know, but I guess people can change." Then, I remembered it was written on April Fool's Day. Good job!

Sarah McK said...

Wow. I just read the first paragraph about Blake and called for Logan. You totally had me! My dad, naturally, checked the date on the top. Then I read the rest. It became pretty clear at that point. Good one!

megan said...

riii---riiiiiight.