Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It happened

My 6-year old dell laptop died.

Lovingly referred to as: The Desktop, Fattie, Lappy 500 (Blake's is Lappy 600).

It all has happened at little inconvenience to myself as Blake had to have a Seagate external hard drive for Christmas that automatically backs up your files. Even my journal entry from Sunday was saved.

I know it had its quirks: backspace didn't work, several keys were missing due to Isaac's exuberance, the speakers only worked if you plugged in some headphones, etc. But Lappy, we will always remember you. My first computer, a surprise gift from Pops left on the doorstep by UPS just in time for summer semester my second year of college. You have served us well.

And now Blake and I will have to fight over the Lappy 600. No more ignoring each other in the same room, each intent on our own blog/news article/hulu show. I guess one of us will have to read. or something.

Go buy yourself an automatic external hard drive.

1 comment:

Sarah McK said...

Haha. Sorry for your loss. That thing was monstrously huge! We now have an external harddrive as well. Gee, it's too bad we didn't get one before OUR old laptop died!!!