Sunday, August 8, 2010

5 years

This week was our five year anniversary! We can remember when we were newly married living in the student village at the U and meeting a couple couples who had been married five years and thinking, "Wow, that's a long time!"

I love being married and I love my husband. Blake is a cute doctor, especially when this week I asked, "Is the doctor in?" and proceeded to tell him how I could not move my outer left toes. He got this excited look on his face and said, "Are you serious? This is exactly what we [neurologists] are consulted on." He proceeded to give me a full neurologic exam and diagnosis. (We decided it was just some more sciatica, which I've been experiencing for a week.)

Anyway, I love you, Blake, and I hope we're married a lot longer. Especially if I have any more neurological problems.

5 comments:

Sarah McK said...

Cutest! You guys are a great couple! We love you!

Jenna said...

Happy anniversary guys! Congrats on 5 years and here's to many more (with or without the neurological stuff, which made me laugh out loud by the way)!

Sarah McK said...

By the way, you were supposed to let me babysit so you could go on a real, Isaac-free date!

Meredith said...

Happy Anniversary Marie...you're a veteran now. It's so good to see you doing so well!

Liz Walker said...

Five years, congrats! I had to laugh at Blake being excited you had a problem with your toes. I love those nerdy (term used affectionately) doctor-like moments. Oh love! So happy for you, Marie! Hope you are feeling well these days.