Monday, January 10, 2011

what we did for Christmas

First we celebrated in St. Louis. Isaac was very confused that finally he could open the packages that had been taunting him for two weeks.


Blake's been teaching Isaac to play football. It's so cute to hear him say "se...hi!" (set...hike)

Then we traveled to Utah, which ended up being a nightmare with a flight delayed 2 1/2 hours. Isaac was fine--give him some juice and airplane crackers and he was in heaven. James was fine--he slept a lot. But Blake and I were exhausted! We finally got the kids to bed around midnight St. Louis time. The next morning it had snowed enough to make a snowman!

Made gingerbread houses with my family.

James has been smiling more and more and making fun little sounds.

Decorated sugar cookies with Blake's family. All the cousins sure are fun. Even Ellie, who Isaac identified with a scream and "woud" (loud) because she is in a screaming stage right now.

And then we celebrated Christmas again! Isaac again was not thrilled to open presents. He already had a whole room full of new Grandma toys--why did he need to open unknown packages?
One of Isaac's favorite presents!


Oh, the coveted "wightning!" Isaac LOVES this movie and watches 15 minutes of it almost every day. He especially loves the first 15 minutes, which we probably all know by heart. (Can you tell I am playing with my Christmas present, a new camera lens? Look at that awesomely low aperture!)

Played a traditional game of fox and geese with my family on the backyard sport court.

Went sledding with cousins.


My mom insisted I learn to make caramel apples. They are super yummy and I think I have the technique down but they take a little bit of time and money that I'm not abundant in right now.
We blessed James while in Utah, as well. It was really neat for us to get to have a lot of our family in the circle. I love this picture because Isaac is giving James a hug that's way too rough and I'm trying to push Isaac away so he doesn't squish James. Happens a lot.


Made these booties when I found out I was pregnant with James.

Such a fat, cute baby! Compare Isaac and James on their blessing day: Isaac here. I think James is even fatter! (James is a week or two older than Isaac in his picture, but still...)

2 comments:

Sarah McK said...

What a cute little fatty!!!

Unknown said...

I'm catching up on blogs. . . what darling pictures!!