Sunday, June 5, 2011

Match Day

Sorry, I hate having to play catch-up, but I want this to be in "our story", so I am posting about the event that happened three months ago. Several days before match, we woke up to this outside our window:
We were so glad we had an apartment ready to move into the day after match to escape the noisy (and smelly!) tuckpointing happening at our building.

Here we are, walking to school on the big day--

This is a terrible picture, but the best I could do. Yay, we matched in St. Louis! Isaac made everyone laugh because he wanted to be with Daddy, but once he realized they were going to the stage, he buried his head and clung to him.


Sarah and I have been through a lot together. I remember vividly meeting her and Logan at the first mingle after the white coat ceremony and thinking, "What a cute girl. I hope we become good friends." And it happened! We've spent a lot of time together, the first year just playing games and eating as couples, and then later playing with our boys. We spent so many happy days at Sarah's apartment at the Hawthorne that when we went to their move last week and I saw their apartment boxed up, I couldn't help but burst into tears. I will miss Sarah and Jessica and Ann and all of my other Lindell ward friends that are moving or are even still there but we have moved out to a different area.
Isaac and Callum enjoying match day their way.
James could be happy anywhere! Such a smiley baby.

We spent the rest of the day packing because we moved the next day!

3 comments:

Sarah McK said...

You are so sweet! We REALLY miss you guys!!! Miss St. Louis, too. So sad! xo

Sarah McK said...

By the way, I would love that pic of Isaac and Cal on the floor playing.

KevandChels said...

Ah! Bittersweet! Great pictures of everything!