Wednesday, August 3, 2011

If you ever

think you want to wash that hand-dyed wool quilt that's never been washed, don't. Even if you think it's dirty from hanging up in your son's room for three years gathering dust. It's fine. If you really want to, swish it in some water. Definitely don't put soap on it. And if that soap makes the colors run, leave it. That stinks, but it's ok. DON'T EVER EVER EVER put oxiclean on it. I love oxiclean. But oxiclean and wool quilts do not mix. You will be left with a chain reaction of every dye in the quilt running running and dye staining your sink and your bathtub.
It used to be beautiful. There used to be white in it.

5 comments:

KevandChels said...

Sad! Did you make that?

Sarah McK said...

Bummer!! Still pretty cute, though. Now it's just more hippie-ish looking. :)

megan said...

Oh, Marie. I'm so sorry. I would have cried. Ugh. That stinks.

Tori said...

It still is beautiful, silly! I commented on it in your house a few weeks ago, and I thought it was gorgeous then! I understand why that hurts your heart though. I can't imagine how much time it took!

bek said...

oh marie. so sad. you need my new washing machine...or my new dryer where you could have just steamed out the smells.