Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011

We were happy when it was finally Christmas Eve! Until that day, Blake had been at the hospital 18 days straight. Not full shifts every day--some were night shifts so he was technically in the hospital Saturday and Sunday. But still. And at least 11 of those nights he was home after the kids were in bed. We were all pretty burned out.


Our nativity.

Presents set out.

The favorite toy of the day was the one he saw first--Mr. Potato Head.
He also loved his big-boy legos.
James just wanted to eat.
So we all took a break and had waffles with strawberries and whipped cream.
Pausing for a moment to take an annual in-front-of-the-Christmas-tree photo.
Yes, my boys love their kitchen set. The mess is getting bigger.
Hooray, an ironing board cover from my parents! (But I thought it was pretty good that they noticed we needed one!)
I love the look of concentration on his face.
James wanted to play with the old toys.
And maybe page through a new book. He will never let me turn the pages or read books to him. Books are for flipping through.
More mess. And I had to take a picture of one of my presents--an umbrella light for photography. I made everyone dodge it so I could get decent Christmas morning pics.
LOVING the new bike. We've ridden it multiple times every day this week. He's getting the hang of balancing on it a little bit. And sometimes he just walks with it. Either way, he loves it. We were out riding yesterday and he stopped and stood up and said, "My bum hurts." He stood for a minute and then said, "It's all better!" Way to go, Isaac, don't let saddle soreness get you down!

Blake got some random computer things, a printer, razor, shoes, etc. My big gift was a Silhouette. I've only done one test run and one cutting out a fabric HAPPY BIRTHDAY for a new birthday banner, but it's super cool and fun. What should I cut out next?

3 comments:

todd and jeanette said...

wow, that umbrella light is intense! i think you should cut out some cool stuff for aprons for the boys new kitchen or boat/car/aiplane pics to make cool shirts for the boys(like from makeit-loveit.com). there is also an advent calendar you might like from bellablvd.typepad.com... i wish you guys lived closer so i could come over and cut some things out!!!

Sarah McK said...

Wow! Umbrella light! Sillhouette! Bike! Darling Kitchen! Jackpot Christmas! Looks wonderful!! So thrilled Blake could be there with you!! (Logan was home too----Christmas miracles!) Love you guys!

bek said...

We combine our monies and buy a bike like that for Anne.