Friday, August 22, 2008

Cute things about Isaac

1. Even if he has just eaten, he will peck at my chest, moving around and over and up and down, as if he thinks if he just moves enough, he will eventually find that place that milk comes from.
2. If he falls asleep while eating and I put him up on my shoulder to burp him, he will wake up and look around with wide eyes like, “Who, me? Asleep?”
3. His little 50th percentile head on his 90th percentile body.
4. He’s so cuddly when he’s tired—he’ll just lean into me and fall asleep.
5. He crosses his eyes when he’s going to the bathroom.
6. He takes his (reflux) medicine so well! The nurse gave him an oral vaccine and was surprised when Isaac stopped crying when she gave it to him instead of starting to cry like most kids. He must like anything going down his throat...
7. If he’s crying in the car, the surefire way to calm him down is to play Coldplay’s Viva La Vida.
8. He looks like he’s getting dimples, making his big smile even cuter!
9. His coos.
10. If Blake talks next to Isaac’s head while he’s eating, Isaac will stop eating and his eyes will get wide and dart around, looking for Dad.
11. When we’re on a walk, Isaac will sleep through an ambulance but when we get home and I open the door, he wakes right up (dang...).
12. He always stretches after he eats. He will put his hands up in the air and stick his bum out and cross his legs Indian style. If you pick him up, mid-stretch, he will stay in this position, crossed legs and all. I call him baby Buddha.
13. He can wiggle his way into any position he desires, when I hold him and he is trying to find the perfect sleeping arrangement.

Last week, Isaac got 5 vaccines at his 2 month checkup. 4 of them were shots, so the pediatrician recommended that I give Isaac a dose of children’s Tylenol when I got home. I did so and it was awesome! He slept 5 hours straight that night. Which reminded me of going to Walmart one day with Isaac. One of the salesladies came up to me and started stroking Isaac, which made me nervous but that’s beside the point. She told me that she had a two-year old and the only way she could get him to sleep was by giving him children’s Tylenol! This is why my brother Chris and I decided you should have to take a test before you have children.

That’s ok because I could just hear the clucks of disapproval about my parenting skills this morning. Isaac and I went out for a morning walk, like we usually do. I, however, am used to Utah weather in which you can tell it’s going to rain hours before it actually does (if it really does come down at all). Anyway, we were a mile away from home when it started to rain. This was no sprinkle—it was an all out storm! Two good things: it only poured half the way home, and Isaac slept through the whole thing.



Whoops! If you can't tell, we are wet...

2 comments:

todd and jeanette said...

i love your cute things about isaac. what a sweet little boy. i know what you mean about the sudden rain- omaha does that, too.
looks like you are really enjoying being a mom. you sure are a great one!

Camille said...

That's a great story about the rain! Good thing Isaac didn't seem to mind. And I agree about the taking a test idea before becoming parents. :)