Sunday, January 10, 2010

Our Christmas trip home

There were good times and bad times, there were fun times and fat times. Here are some highlights. I got a new camera (thanks Dad) so I had a hard time choosing which awesome photos to post!

Isaac was on amoxicillin for an ear infection when we left. On the night of the 23, we noticed a rash starting. By the next day, Christmas eve, he had broken out into hives! I guess he's allergic. He was very itchy and didn't sleep very well. We stopped the amoxicillin. A week later he got the ear infection back. He didn't sleep very well.

Playing outside


Chris had a birthday! No one knows why the neck opening is so large, but we all know why Bekah gave Chris an apron with this inscription: "Captain Cook--Surrender your buns".



"Little" (6'2")brother came home! He's so spiritual and awesome. And he got my mom to babysit so I could go snowshoeing with him.


Marie's pregnant! Or just playing Mary.


"Don't worry, mom, I'm just sledding with my cousins."


Jeremiah, Megan, and Hannah surprised us by flying in New Years Eve! What sneaks. "Uck" learned to call her "Anna".


The picture cannot display the depth of aversion nor the volume of scream. He was the laugh of the party.


Isaac finally was content and happy the day before it was time to come home.

And now--it's just memories: pictures on a computer, entries in a journal, and a posting on a blog. And we're all huddled around space heaters in 1 degree weather back in St. Louis. But grateful to be home in our own space with email and cell phones.

***NOTE: I just noticed there are no paternal side photos. S0rry, we love you too and had an awesome time with you too! I just got my new camera after we were with you. Isaac loved to push the car with Grandma and open her sliding doors. And play with the train at Matthew and Josh's house. And fight with Ellie over the car.

4 comments:

KevandChels said...

I have 3 comments:) Poor little guy, Isaac! Sweet, new camera! And those are pretty rad and intense nativity costumes! Oh, and it's cold here too! Brrr. We're trying to be as frugal as you guys with our heat! Well, almost!

Camille said...

Oh Marie! The same thing happened to Christian two years ago...he had an ear infection before we flew to Utah for Christmas, so they put him on ammoxicillan. Then he broke out in a rash from head to toe on Christmas morning. Traveling to Utah during the holidays can be pretty rough! :) I'm glad you got to be there with your family though!

Sarah McK said...

I can't believe that rash! YIKES!!! Cute pictures though! Glad everything is going smoothly now! If you want to warm up head over here anytime! We are plenty warm with our overactive radiators on the 16th floor! I'm in short sleeves right now! We missed you guys! (And I LOOOVE your haircut! Very chic! Great length for you!)

Sarah McK said...

I'd better clarify...the rash pictures are not what I was referring to when I said "cute pictures." :)