Sunday, January 31, 2010

What's new

1. another rash. spared you the picture. Is he allergic to sulfa drugs? Or was it a virus? No one knows...

2. but his three-antibiotic-course ear infection is finally over!

3. playing in the kitchen sink. stirring bowls. reaching into the drawer for a measuring spoon. just like mom.

4. getting pushed in the shopping cart, not just pushing it around.

5. giving nice gentle pats. if he hits you, you say, "no, be gentle" and he'll pet you. (he didn't hit owen first--he knows by now to always be gentle with little-brother-in-training.)
6. sitting in a big chair. his booster seat is so not cool anymore. fine with me, as long as he's sitting and eating!

7. going to Chicago on Thursday! trying to escape the cold...haha

8. remember how Isaac did so good to go to nursery at first? now he screams every time. apparently for only two minutes, but it is very distressing to me. I looked in today and he was happily doing actions to "popcorn popping on the apricot tree." I didn't know he could do that!!! I wish they could video tape nursery every week and send it home with us.

9. screaming every time I try to put him in his car seat. any suggestions?

10. Blake might not be happy with me announcing this, but he is 95% sure he's going to do neurology. YAY! It feels so exciting to have plans. It feels like someday soon we'll actually have an income instead of taking big chunks out of our savings/loans every six months. and somehow that is linked to buying a house, so I've been looking at real estate in utah, colorado, arizona, california, ...

4 comments:

megan said...

We are excited to see you soon! For #9, I always have some sort of snack, like a cracker, for Hannah to hold and munch while I get her in her seat. She also loves her Curious George and Sesame Street music so I tell her that we can listen to those once she's buckled in. This usually works.

Laura said...

No car seat suggestions. Cal isn't too thrilled with his either. Having a mirror in front of him to look in has helped, though, and it helped with Max Sansom, too. Have fun in Chicago!

KevandChels said...

haha. that's so funny that you're looking at real estate in all those places. i do the same thing!

jeremiah said...

5. "little-brother-in-training"...are you trying to announce something?

7. Hooray!

8. Hannah hates nursery now.

9. I have a suggestion, just ignore it. Ha ha ha.

10. I thought he was going to be a dermatologist?