Sunday, October 24, 2010

Introducing

James Perry Newman

Born Saturday, October 23, 2010 at 8:29 AM

7 lbs 8 oz

21.5 inches





If anyone is late and wants to have their baby, we have the secret! Castor oil. We had tried everything else and heard to take castor oil, so on Friday evening we picked some up and I took some at around 5 PM. After some yucky effects, at 11 PM I was having consistent contractions and having trouble sleeping. At 2 AM my contractions were very painful. Some very nice friends came over and slept at our house at 3:15 AM and we made it to the hospital by 3:45. Blake and I were very pleased to find out that I wasn't just having Castor oil effects and I was in fact in labor. Everything went fast and smoothly (slowed down once I got my epidural, thank goodness) and I was able to have a VBAC as planned. The baby wasn't tolerating pushing very well so the doctor told me she'd rather do a C-section but she could try the vacuum. I wasn't ready to give up so I said vacuum and luckily the baby popped right out!

He's a cute little bundle and is much sleepier than Isaac was. It's hard to get him to wake up enough to eat, which definitely was not a problem Isaac had. Isaac is so sweet with the baby and as soon as he saw him wanted to hold him and give him kisses. Then he was done and wanted to play with cars. He'll be a great big brother.

Welcome to our family, little James!

10 comments:

chris said...

Congratulations Mawee! You look great!

Camille said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is beautiful and you are too! You look amazing after having a baby! What cute boys you have. It's so fun to have two! I'm glad your delivery went so well. I hope the recovery does as well! Congrats!!! :)

Melissa said...

Congratulations...what a cute little guy!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! He is darling! Hope you recover well and enjoy your new addition.

KevandChels said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad things went smoothly and you didn't have to have another c-section! Everybody looks so wonderful in these pictures! What a sweet and adorable baby, and cute mom too! I love your hair:) We love and miss you guys!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! Having babies is crazy business, but castor oil? You win the super cool, crazy award. I'm totally impressed. :) Welcome to the world little James.

Hope you're getting some sleep and surviving motherhood of two.

Camille Wheatley said...

Congratulations! What a handsome little fellow! You look amazing, too! I'm so happy that everything went well!

Emily S. said...

SO excited to meet him! Love your castor oil tale, and love that he is finally here. Congrats!!

Tori said...

Congratulations Marie! I'm so glad things went well with the delivery. He's absolutely adorable and perfect. Can't wait to come by and meet little James! You look great by the way-- I never looked that good in any of my pictures!

Nettie said...

Congratulations Marie! I hope we can see you and your kids sometime once I'm in Chicago.