Sunday, March 11, 2012

Somebody's getting married

Actually, somebody got married. My brother Chris married the beautiful Brittney. Blake didn't feel like he could ask for time off since he is a lowly intern so he got his mom to fly out here to babysit the kids so I could go by myself. It was such a nice thing for Karen to do--I wasn't worried at all (mostly) while I was gone for the weekend. I had mixed feelings about leaving my kids for three days but it went fine and when I came home they both still loved me. When I got James the first time the morning after I came home he just put his head down on my shoulder for like 10 minutes. I thought something like this was going through his head: "I don't know if I can trust her but she's back and I'm glad." I think I've earned his trust back already, though.

The day of the wedding we first took pictures at the Capitol.







All of the grandkids except Isaac and James. sad.











Then we attended the sealing in the Salt Lake Temple and gathered outside for some quick photos because it was pretty cold.












These next two are my favorites. They were really happy, even with a few mishaps during the day.



A donut stop before dinner. LOVE Banbury Cross.

At the wedding dinner we just had to do some goofy musical numbers. It's become a tradition. I think Brittney's family were pretty awed at our stage presence (aka not caring what anybody thought of our off-tune music accompanied with cheesy dance moves). Chris started if off right with a song dedicated to Brittney, Pops sang a love song, and then we took over with "A Pirate's Wife for me", "Those Bachelor Days (we used to know)", and "How does she know" from Enchanted. I guess you had to be there, but I had a great time.





As you can tell, I had way too much fun taking pictures of everything. I didn't have any kids or husband in tow, what else was I going to do? Congrats Chris and Britt, we're way excited for you!

6 comments:

brittney perry said...

I love those two pictures where we're laughing. also: I love that one of just Chris where he looks like James Bond.

Nettie said...

I'm so glad I finally get to see some pictures of the blessed day!

chris said...

thanks for the pictures mawee! and thanks for being the best little sister ever.

KevandChels said...

you're family is FUN! congats to your bro and new sil.

Sarah McK said...

How fun! You look darling! Love how the outfit came together. The sweater is SOO cute and the perfect pop of color, and it was great with that belt. Although I still wish you'd worn big heels. :) But I noticed that it must be a Perry woman thing. Everyone from you to the bride was in flats! You girls and your priorities of comfort! :) It sounds so fun to go without your kids! I think that's a brilliant idea!! I hope you lived it up and enjoyed it, because we all know it won't happen again too many more times! You are so funny thinking James doesn't trust you. It takes more than a weekend to mess up a mother-son relationship! :) Callum doesn't even notice when he's not with me as long as his grandparents are around. It is both a relief and irritating. :)

Rachel said...

Beautiful pictures! You're quite the photographer! So happy for Chris, and glad you got to be there.