Monday, June 4, 2012

at the zoo


 I haven't taken pictures at the zoo  in a while so I grabbed my camera this morning as we headed out.  Here we are driving there.



We got the carousel to ourselves for a ride.


 Today we went on the carousel four times.


We usually head to the children's zoo when we are at the zoo during the first hour when everything is free.  Today we mixed it up and went to the stingrays.  We ran into some friends so Benjamin came along with us (on the left).

Who doesn't want to stop and look at trucks when they are at the zoo?

These turtles were super fascinating today.  They were fighting.

Here is James wanting to pet the turtles.

Notice Isaac's new crocs?  They are crocskin crocs and Isaac loves them.  He slept with them the first day he got them.  It is a good thing because he really really loved his old pair, which were fishes, but they were falling apart fast.

The giraffe was up close today.


I think James gets his poses from watching Isaac play bad guys.


Gorillas were up close too.  (maybe chimpanzees?)

Self timer worked out pretty well.

We are so excited to see my brother Andrew and my mom drive in tomorrow night.  My brother is moving out here to St. Louis to do medical school also!  It will be so crazy to actually have family here!  And it also helps that he is driving out his old clunker that we will be inheriting so Blake and I will no longer have to share a car!  This is a paragraph with lots of exclamation points!

1 comment:

Sarah McK said...

Um....I LOOVE James' pose! Hilarious! Miss that zoo! Miss all of you!!