Thursday, April 4, 2013

easter with jer and megs

My brother Jeremiah and his family Megan, Hannah, and Zeke came down from Chicago for Easter.  I was so glad they came down because I definitely needed the company.  It is always good to see family.  The kids all had a great time with their cousins.  We went to rocketship park on friday after they drove in.  On Saturday Blake had the day off so we all went to the zoo.  




James sometimes does not want his picture taken!



















Later that day we did an easter egg hunt at home while it rained.  We had each kid have a different color egg to find, which I think works out really well.  Isaac and James got some new outdoor toys from the easter bunny and they are loving them.  They got a big rake, shovel, and brush.  Also sidewalk chalk and a slinky.  We had a nice easter meal of potatoes and ham.

On Sunday we went to church and I was so glad to have family to sit with since Blake was on call.  I hate when he is on call on Sunday!  Afterwards we had a nice little walk around Citygarden.  The light was so lovely for photos. 



What a cute family.

Come on, smile!





Got to show off St. Louis' arch

Hooray! James smiled for me!

Goofy 4-year olds














On Monday we got some delicious Pappy's smokehouse and then had to say goodbye.  I had a rough day Tuesday recovering emotionally from the let-down.  Thanks for visiting!  It was tons of fun!

3 comments:

brittney perry said...

I was so jealous when I saw them there on instagram... WE WILL BE THERE NEXT

Jenna said...

I hate it visitors leave too! Takes me awhile to recover. Looks like so much fun!

Cynthia said...

What a great host! You took them to some great places! When my sister visited we didn't know anything about St. Louis and I think it was pretty lame ;) Sounds like a really fun weekend!